Interesting Travel Facts
1. France covers more time zones than any country on the planet.
2. Canada has over three million lakes. That’s 60% of the world’s total.
3. New York City is actually further south than Rome is.
4. Russia is bigger than Pluto.
5. Papua New Guinea has over 820 languages listed as being spoken in its country.
6. 99% of Libya is covered in desert.
7. Finland has almost 180,000 islands. More than any country on earth.
8. There is actually no land on the North Pole, only ice on top of the sea.
9. The total length of the world’s coastline is the roughly the same distance as the earth to the moon, 350,016km.
10. Ganvie in Africa is the country’s largest city built entirely on stilts
11. Every penny thrown into Rome’s Trevi Fountain is collected every day and donated to a number of charities.
12. The whole of China operates on Beijing time, even though the country covers five time zones.
13. Roughly 64,640 selfies are taken around the world every minute.
14. The world’s busiest airport is Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta, USA.
15. The city of Monaco is smaller in size than Central Park in New York City